Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Debbie Downer

The past little while I have sort of been a Debbie Downer. 
I don't know why, I guess I figure I need to make sure we are thinking realistically.

I don't think I ever considered myself super realistic or logical but being married to a dreamer has put my rational side into sharp focus.

I didn't notice I was being a downer until Trevor started saying things like: "I'm surprised people still go to Disneyland with the rise in Terrorist Attacks.... wah-wah." 


The other day Trevor made a reference about college, like he had graduated last week. 

"You realize that there are college students that are ten years younger than you?"

He looked like I had punched him in the gut.

Why? Why did I have to say that? So what if he is closer to a mid-life crisis than a dorm room? 

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha !!
    There's a moment like this in every late 20s early 30s person's life. I'm staring down the barrel of 30 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I know the "realistic times". It's at those times that I realize we need to do some longterm dreaming for something that can actually happen. Last fall, after Cammy was born, we started planning for a camping trip to Glacier National Park for THIS summer, and ever since, it's been our "happy thought." It's nice to have happy thoughts that you know you will make happen, so that the not-so-great bumps and realisms don't overtake all of my thoughts. And hey, we're looking forward to that Dave Ramsey call...be sure to let us know when you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbie Downer-I'm Bubble Bursting Barbie! :-) It's great to know there's another dreamer out there. Terance will sometimes talk about what he would do if he won the lottery. He has it all planned out. There are quite a few other examples that after I say it I think. I live with the guy-he knows we're broke (ok on a tight budget). He loves craigslist-just to browse & I only go on there when I need something.:-) But he's a master bargin shopper & makes it so we live large on out budget. Gotta love it!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete